Audio Blogging websites:
Audio Blog - Hipcast
Three methods to record audio:
- Record by telephone
-Users receive a phone number
-When the user calls this number they can record their blog
-Whatever they say into the phone is recorded and posted where in an already existing blog
-This seems like the easiest way to audio-blog, and it's pretty cool cause you can do it from anywhere that you can use your cell-phone
- Record through a web browser (you probably need a microphone to do this)
- Upload audio files (like songs and other audio you have downloaded on your computer)
- It does cost money to use Hipcast, the standard package being $9.95
- Once you have an account, you will be given your own phone number to call.
- There is a 7-day trial period, but you have to remember to cancel the account before the 7 days are up if you decide not to use it, cause otherwise you are going to get charged (you must put in credit card information to sign up)
Hipcast also makes it possible to do video blogging.
If anyone is interested in either of these two, Hipcast promises that it is very easy to do.
When you create an audio or video file, it is automatically uploaded onto your existing blog (our google blogs).
*Our group did not create an account with Hipcast, because none of us have the money to spend on it. Most video and audio blogging websites require a subscription fee. I'm sure there are some out there that do not, but most likely they are not very reliable. *
From the Hipcast Website:
Already have a blog?
Awesome! You're halfway there! Simply add your weblog(s) to your Hipcast.com account, and everything you've recorded or uploaded can be published in a snazzy, customizable player that virtually every web browser and computer user on the planet can view. At Hipcast.com, we support most major weblog software and services, including MovableType, Blogware, Typepad, WordPress, Blogger, pMachine, LiveJournal, and many others.
An article that talks about using Hipcast with Google Blogger